Good Gut Matcha Recipe
Green tea has many health benefits, but did you know it’s also good for your gut? According to recent research, green tea was found to nourish the good bacteria in the gut and help ward off bad bacteria. Swapping out your coffee for a morning cup of matcha can give you the caffeine boost you need with additional health benefits!
Here’s a simple, yet delicious, matcha recipe you can use to create your morning cup. Bonus: it includes an additional gut booster:
- ¼ teaspoon of matcha (look for Ceremonial Grade for best quality)
- 2 ounces water (hot or room temperature)
- 6 ounces of milk of your choice (steamed, hot, or cold)
- 1 scoop Gut Garden Collagen Peptides
- Maple syrup or honey to taste (optional)
- Sift matcha into a bowl so there are no lumps
- Add water to matcha and whisk until a foamy layer forms on top
- Pour milk of choice
- Mix in collagen or resistant starch
- Add sweetener as needed
- Mix and enjoy!
PRO TIP: Matcha can be enjoyed hot or iced! Hot matcha should be whisked with hot water and then combined with steamed or warm milk. Iced match should be whisked with room temperature water and then combined with cold milk, and poured over ice.