Yes You Do Need to Take Digestive Enzymes - Here’s Why
Even if you have a healthy diet, your body may not be properly digesting food. Over time, your digestive function can be depleted or compromised due to age, stress, and other lifestyle factors. Taking digestive enzymes along with high protein and fat meals can help to break down fats, carbohydrates, and proteins to support proper digestion and improve nutrient absorption. Let’s take a closer look at the benefits of this supplement!
If you don’t have consistent, healthy stools, you may not be properly digesting foods. Digestive enzymes help keep the body regular so you can be sure your digestive system is working. Often, taking digestive enzymes will decrease gas, bloating, and constipation -- all signs of a high functioning digestive system!
Restore Stomach Acid
Increasing your digestive enzyme intake can help restore the proper acid levels in the stomach which helps to maintain proper GI function. Gut Garden’s digestive enzymes contain Betaine HCL and Pepsin which work together to alleviate digestive issues.
- Betaine HCL - Increases the level of hydrochloric acid in the stomach necessary for proper digestion and absorption of nutrients. It’s also required for the extraction of vitamin B12 from food.
- Pepsin - Found naturally in the stomach, pepsin is one of the first enzymes to initiate protein digestion and works in synergy with Betaine HCL to provide complete protein digestive support.
Soothe Stomach Discomfort
Many people who lack digestive enzymes suffer from bloating or constipation. Gut Garden’s Digestive enzymes are formulated with Ox Belle, Fennel Seed, Peppermint Leaf, Bromelain, Cellulase, and Papain to soothe this discomfort.
- Bromelain and Papain - From pineapple and papaya, help break amino acids down into smaller strings of protein.
- Ox Bile Extract - Contains many of the digestive enzymes and nutrients that we need to help us properly digest our food and helps ease nausea, upset stomach, and diarrhea.
- Peppermint Leaf and Fennel Seed - Herbs to soothe down the stomach and fight indigestion or inflammation in the intestines.
Enhance Nutrient Absorption
When your body is properly absorbing nutrients, it functions better. When your body is lacking digestive enzymes, you may feel sluggish, bloated, or even have a poor immune system. An uptick in nutrients can reverse those negative effects.
It’s often beneficial to take probiotics along with your digestive enzymes for optimal nutrient absorption!